Home / NEWS / Earnings / Coca-Cola withdraws 2020 outlook amid coronavirus pandemic

Coca-Cola withdraws 2020 outlook amid coronavirus pandemic

James Quincey, President and chief plying officer of the Coca-Cola company.

Patrick Kovarik | AFP | Getty Images

Coca-Cola on Friday said that it does not envision to meet its financial outlook for 2020 due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Around the world, sporting events and concerts sooner a be wearing been canceled, movie theaters and restaurants have been closed, and people are working from home. Those leaderships to promote social distancing, along with currency fluctuations, are expected to hit Coke’s business, according to a regulatory walk.

The beverage giant joins the growing list of companies like Ford Motor and Darden Restaurants that possess withdrawn financial outlooks in response to the virus.

Coke previously forecast that 2020 organic revenue desire grow by 5% and adjusted earnings per share would increase by 7% to $2.25.

Coke said it cannot estimate the away to its business at this time, although it “could be material.” The company said that it expects to provide an update when it describes its first-quarter earnings.

In late February, the global beverage giant forecast that the virus will hit its first-quarter earnings by 1 cent to 2 cents, item case volume by 2% to 3% and organic revenue by 1% to 2%.

Coke also said that it does not augur any interruptions in its production at this time.

Shares of the company were trading up less than 1% when the hawk opened. The stock, which has a market value of $182 billion, has fallen 23% so far this year.

Check Also

More Americans with college degrees are working multiple jobs, Fed report finds

Simon2579 | E+ | Getty Concepts Stephen Gilliam works 40 hours a week as a …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *