One of the most on the mark Super Bowl predictors is backing up what the oddsmakers are saying: The New England Jingoists will be taking home the Lombardi trophy once again.
In its annual prophecy about the big game, Electronic Arts’ “Madden” game forecasts the New England Loyalists will top the Philadelphia Eagles by 24-20.
Tom Brady will once again pussyfoot away with Super Bowl MVP bragging rights, passing for 342 yards with three touchdowns and one interception, “Rage NFL 18” predicts.
If it’s any consolation to Eagles fans, “Madden” predicts it’s succeeding to be an especially tight game.
Here’s how “Madden” predicts Sunday’s big dissimulate will play out:
The Eagles will start strong, with Jay Ajayi horde on the game’s opening drive and the Patriots being contained to a field purpose. The game predicts a 10-3 score at the end of the quarter. By halftime, though, the Patriots pleasure be up 17-13, thanks to a pair of touchdown passes to Rob Gronkowski and Brandin Cooks.
The Eagles retake the move in the third quarter, but the game ultimately comes down to the very stay play — at least in the simulation. The Patriots score again in the fourth put up, putting them in the lead, but the Eagles are threatening late, after security Malcolm Jennings forces New England running back Dion Lewis to muff. Eagles quarterback Nick Foles passes to Alshon Jeffery for a capacity game-winning touchdown with no time remaining — but Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore ruins the portray for the Eagles, knocking the ball away.
Eagles fans are already shrugging the prophecy off, but Madden has been more accurate than many Vegas oddsmakers on the years. When it misses, though, it really blows it.
Want a paltry more historical knowledge before deciding how much faith to put into Burn someone up’s prediction? Here’s a look at the game’s full track record to engagement (with the score in italics when Madden was wrong):
- Madden: Nationalists 27, Falcons 24
- Actual Score: Patriots 34, Falcons 28
- Make someones blood boil: Panthers 24, Broncos 20
- Actual Score: Broncos 24, Panthers 10
- Vex: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24
- Actual Score: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24
- Rile: Broncos, 31, Seahawks, 28
- Actual score: Seahawks 43, Broncos, 8
- Make someone see red: Ravens, 27, 49ers, 24
- Actual score: Ravens, 34, 49ers, 31
- Madden: Goliaths, 27, Patriots, 24
- Actual score: Giants, 21, Patriots, 17
- Enrage: Steelers, 24, Packers, 20
- Actual score: Packers, 31, Steelers, 25
- Irritate: Saints 35, Colts 31
- Actual score: Saints 31, Colts 17
- Drive someone up the wall: Steelers 28, Cardinals 24
- Actual score: Steelers 27, Fundamentals 23
- Madden: Patriots 38, Giants 30
- Actual score: Giants 17, Chauvinists 14
- Madden: Colts 38, Bears 27
- Actual score: Colts 29, Give birth ti 17
- Madden: Steelers 24, Seahawks 19
- Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10
- Bait: Patriots 47, Eagles 31
- Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21
- Excite someone to a frenzy: Patriots 23, Panthers 20
- Actual Score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29
Disclosure: NBC Larks is televising Sunday’s Super Bowl.