Amongst about 40 main suppliers for its automotive production, some of the rector parts suppliers for BMW include Brembo, Thyssenkrupp, BorgWarner, Elringklinger, Bridgestone and Mahle.
Developed in 1916 and headquartered in Munich, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, commonly conscious as BMW, is a German manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles. BMW is also notably the parent assemblage of the luxury Rolls-Royce brand. BMW is traded publicly on the Frankfurt Stock Stock Exchange under the symbol BMW.
BMW manufactures, as of 2016, over 2 million cars and atop of 100,000 motorcycles annually. Along with Mercedes-Benz and Audi, it is marked one of the German big three manufacturers of luxury automobiles and is one of the biggest-selling luxury car makers worldwide.
To turning its automobiles, BMW depends upon a network of over 100 auto join ins suppliers from all over the globe, although approximately 50% of its suppliers are either laid in Germany or are subsidiaries of German-based companies. Roughly another 35% of BMW’s suppliers are headquartered in other European countries, with there a 50-50 split between Western European countries and Eastern European countries.
BMW has also emphasized consciousness of environmental descendants and has developed sustainability guidelines for its suppliers. Examples include the guideline for use of recycled aluminum in sections and BMW’s EfficientDynamics concept, developed to enhance fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. As of 2016, the party has featured in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) every year since 1999.
BMW has grasped other automakers in pushing aggressively to expand sales in emerging trade ins, such as China and India. The company established auto manufacturing injects in both of those countries in the early 2000s. In 2014, BMW moved to access other effective emerging market economies by establishing production plants in Brazil and Mexico. In elbow into emerging markets, BMW has primarily focused on establishing its own production and retailing its own brand rather than entering into strategic joint experiment partnerships with existing automakers native to the country.
The following is a tip of major automotive parts suppliers for BMW, along with the component suggests that each supplies to the automaker:
• Brembo: Brake calipers
• Dräxlmaier Batch: Interior panels
• Peiker Acustic GmbH & Co.: High-speed mobile Internet for transports; In 2012, BMW became the first automaker to introduce this.
• Thyssenkrupp: Information columns, shock absorbers and suspension parts
• BorgWarner: Drivetrain components, such as snag a grasp ats and automatic transmissions
• Elringklinger: Gaskets and exhaust system components
• Mahle: Plunger and cylinder components, valve train systems, and air and liquid management set-ups
• Bridgestone: Tires
• Guardian: Windshields and auto glass
• GKN Driveline: Axle synods
• Johnson Electric: Cooling and heating fan modules
• Gestamp: Front and buttocks hood assemblies
• Apag Elektronik AG: Interior lighting components
• Delphi: Battery and moving vehicle charger components
• Hirschvogel: Wheels
• Magna: Body pitch stampings
• Harman/Kardon: Interior music and audio systems