The marijuana persistence is made up of companies that either support or are engaged in the research, development, distribution, and sale of medical and recreational marijuana. Cannabis has set out oned to gain wider acceptance and has been legalized in a growing number of nations, states, and other jurisdictions for recreational, Medicine roborant, and other uses. Some of the biggest companies in the marijuana industry include Canopy Growth Corp. (CGC), Cronos League Inc. (CRON), and Tilray Inc. (TLRY). Many big marijuana companies have continued to post sizable net losses as they blurry on investing in equipment to speed up revenue growth, which remains strong despite the pandemic-spurred economic downturn.
The take the place of stocks have been undergoing increased volatility since February 9th, and their prices may have changed sincerely from what is listed below. These changes may not reflect company fundamentals, and investors should take further caution when investing in extremely volatile stocks.
Marijuana stocks, as represented by the ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (MJ), should prefer to underperformed the broader market. MJ has provided a total return of 12.1% over the past 12 months, below the Russell 1000’s unconditional return of 20.6%, as of January 22, 2021. All statistics in the tables below are as of January 22.
Here are the top 5 marijuana stocks with the best value, the fastest broadening, and the most momentum.
On November 3, 2020, voters in New Jersey, Arizona, and Montana approved ballot measures to legalize recreational marijuana, and Mississippi has chose to legalize medical marijuana use. South Dakota approved ballot measures to approve both.
Best Value Marijuana Amasses
These are the marijuana stocks with the lowest 12-month trailing price-to-sales (P/S) ratio. For young companies that have planned not reached profitability, this can provide an idea of how much business you’re getting for each dollar invested.
|Best Value Marijuana Stocks|
|Honorarium ($)||Market Cap ($M)||12-Month Trailing P/S Ratio|
|Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc. (NEPT.TO)||CA$2.49||CA$322.5||3.7|
|Village Farms International Inc. (VFF.TO)||CA$15.94||CA$1,240||4.3|
|NIC Inc. (EGOV)||29.76||1,995.0||4.9|
|OrganiGram Holdings Inc. (OGI.TO)||CA$2.18||CA$506.0||5.1|
|AYR Tactics Inc. (AYR.A.CX)||CA$36.80||CA$795.0||5.1|
- Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc.: Neptune Wellness Solutions is a diversified and fully integrated health and wellness assembly. The company specializes in cannabis and industrial hemp extraction, various nutrition products and pet supplements, and other natural and hemp-based alleviates. Neptune, headquartered in Canada, operates a production facility and laboratory in Canada as well as an extraction and processing facility in North Carolina.
- Village Delegates International Inc.: Village Farms International is a Canada-based agricultural producer. In addition to growing standard vegetables like tomatoes, bell bespeckles, and cucumbers, the company also produces cannabis. The company distributes fresh produce from its over nine million healthful feet of Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) greenhouses in Canada and the U.S., as well as from partner greenhouses in Canada and Mexico.
- NIC Inc.: NIC put forwards solutions and services to help governments use the Internet in providing various services to citizens and businesses. It provides digital regime services, sites, and secure payment processing. One of its technology platforms is designed to help governments regulate the marijuana business. The company has helped approximately 5,500 federal, state, and local government agency partners provide digital checkings throughout the U.S.
- OrganiGram Holdings Inc.: OrganiGram Holdings is a Canada-based licensed producer of medical and recreational marijuana. The company tenders dried cannabis and cannabis oil through its various subsidiaries. Its portfolio includes medical brand OrganiGram, and adult recreational manufacturers Edison Cannabis Co., Trail Blazer, and ANKR Organics.
- AYR Strategies Inc.: AYR Strategies is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis manager. It cultivates and manufactures branded cannabis products to be distributed through its network of retail outlets and through third-party inventories. The company produces 17,000 pounds of cannabis flower a year. AYR Strategies announced in late December that it had completed its procurement of CannTech PA for $57.4 million. CannTech is a licensed cannabis operator. The acquisition includes a 143,000 square foot cultivation and course of action facility.
Fastest Growing Marijuana Stocks
These are the marijuana stocks with the highest year-over-year (YOY) sales lump for the most recent quarter. Rising sales show that a company’s business is growing. This is often worn to measure growth of young companies that have not yet reached profitability.
|Fastest Growing Marijuana Stocks|
|Payment ($)||Market Cap ($B)||Revenue Growth (%)|
|Jushi Holdings Inc. (JUSH.CX)||CA$8.66||CA$1.0||600.0|
|Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc. (NEPT.TO)||CA$2.49||CA$0.3||340.5|
|Cresco Labs Inc. (CL.CX)||CA$18.08||CA$3.9||326.9|
|Curaleaf Holdings Inc. (CURA.CX)||CA$19.16||CA$12.7||197.5|
|Innovative Industrial Traits Inc. (IIPR)||194.38||4.7||197.1|
- Jushi Holdings Inc.: Jushi Holdings is a holding company focused on building a portfolio of branded cannabis and hemp-based assets absorbed in retail, distribution, cultivation, and processing operations. Its brands include: The Bank, focused on plant genetics and cultivation; The Lab, specializing in vape effects and concentrates; Nira, maker of hemp-based CBD products that are physician formulated; Nira+, producer of medicinal THC products; and Tasteology, a provider of THC-infused products. Jushi hint ated in early December that it had completed its acquisition of the remaining 21% equity interest in Dalitso LLC, a pharmaceutical processor permit holder based in Virginia. Dalito’s permit grants it to cultivate, process, dispense, and deliver medical cannabis to registered patients in Virginia.
- Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc.: See exposed to for company description.
- Cresco Labs Inc.: Cresco Labs is a consumer-packaged cannabis products company involved in growing, originating, and distribution. The company currently operates in nine states, and owns a large number of production facilities and dispensaries, and stand firms 29 retail licenses. Its brands include Cresco, Reserve, Remedi, Mindy’s, Good News, High Equip, Wonder Wellness Co., and FloraCal Farms. Cresco Labs announced recently that it has hired Ty Gent to serve as the firm’s new chief operating officer (COO). Gent has more than 35 years of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and supply bind leadership experience and most recently served as the chief supply chain officer at U.S. Foods Holding Corp. (USFD).
- Curaleaf Holdings Inc.: Curaleaf Holdings plies as a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, engages in the production and distribution of cannabis products. The company has a presence in 23 positions, and owns and operates dozens of dispensaries, cultivation sites, and processing sites. Its brands include Curaleaf, Curaleaf Hemp, Privileged Cannabis, and UKU Cannabis. Curaleaf announced recently that it had launched adult-use marijuana operations in Arizona. It has begun to answer for consumers through its dispensaries across the state.
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc.: Innovative Industrial Properties is a real holdings investment trust (REIT) that engages in the acquisition, disposition, development, and management of industrial facilities leased to renters in the regulated medical cannabis industry. The company’s portfolio consists of specialized industrial and greenhouse buildings leased to state-licensed medical-use cannabis cultivators across the U.S.
Marijuana Ordinaries with the Most Momentum
These are the marijuana stocks that had the highest total return over the last 12 months.
|Marijuana Arrays with the Most Momentum|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||12-Month Trailing Total Return (%)|
|GrowGeneration Corp. (GRWG)||49.84||2.7||962.7|
|TerrAscend Corp. (TER.CX)||CA$17.33||CA$1.3||479.6|
|Jushi Holdings Inc. (JUSH.CX)||CA$8.66||CA$1.0||381.1|
|Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (TRUL.CX)||CA$54.77||CA$6.5||288.4|
|Amyris Inc. (AMRS)||10.39||2.6||264.6|
|ETFMG Alternative Gather ETF (MJ)||N/A||N/A||12.1|
- GrowGeneration Corp.: GrowGeneration is a distributor of agricultural products. The company operates retail hydroponic and ingrained specialty gardening retail outlets. It offers thousands of products, including plant nutrition, farming soils, crops, go lighting technology, hydroponic and aquaponic equipment, and more. As one of the largest hydroponics suppliers in the country, it owns and operates 39 retail and classification centers. GrowGeneration announced two acquisitions in December: Southern California-based Canopy Crop Management and its complete portfolio of effects; and Grassroots Hydroponics, a three-store chain of hydroponic garden centers in Southern California.
- TerrAscend Corp.: TerrAscend is a Canada-based fused cannabis company offering a range of products, brands, and services for the global medical- and adult-use cannabis market. Its portfolio of concerns include: The Apothecarium, a cannabis dispensary; Arise Bioscience Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of hemp-derived products; Ilera Healthcare, a medical marijuana cultivator, processor, and dispenser; Valhalla Confections, a fabricator of cannabis-infused edibles; and more. The company announced in late November that it had received a permit from the New Jersey Branch of Health to dispense medical cannabis from its first dispensary in New Jersey, which was scheduled to open on November 30.
- Jushi Holdings Inc.: See superior to before for company description.
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp.: Trulieve Cannabis is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, fights in the cultivation, possession, sale, and distribution of medical cannabis. Its products are designed to alleviate seizures, muscle spasms, torment, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer. The retinue operates 71 U.S. stores, 66 of which are located in Florida where it serves more than 383,000 patients. Trulieve stated in the first half of November that it had completed its acquisition of all of the equity interests in cultivator and producer PurePenn LLC and Pioneer Hire out & Consulting LLC, collectively known as PurePenn. It simultaneously announced the acquisition of dispensary operator Keystone Relief Centers LLC, doing trade as Solevo Wellness. The total cost of the transaction for both PurePenn and Solevo was $66 million.
- Amyris Inc.: Amyris grows and distributes various products that serve the specialty and performance chemicals, flavors and fragrances, cosmetics ingredients, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals hawks. The company’s proprietary process of engineering organisms utilizes renewably-sourced carbon from plants in oder to make sustainable, tax molecules used by its customers, enabling them to create products such as plant-sugars or anti-malarial drugs.
The comments, evaluations and analyses expressed herein are for informational purposes only and should not be considered individual investment advice or recommendations to provide in any security or to adopt any investment strategy. While we believe the information provided herein is reliable, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. The beliefs and strategies described on our content may not be suitable for all investors. Because market and economic conditions are subject to rapid change, all elucidations, opinions, and analyses contained within our content are rendered as of the date of the posting and may change without notice. The material is not plan as a complete analysis of every material fact regarding any country, region, market, industry, investment, or strategy.
YCharts. “Financial Data.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc. “Who We Are.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Village Farms International Inc. “Prompt.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Village Farms International Inc. “Investor Relations.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
NIC Inc. “What We Do.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
NIC Inc. “History.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
OrganiGram Holdings Inc. “Labels.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
AYR Strategies Inc. “Investor Relations.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
AYR Strategies Inc. “About.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
AYR Strategies Inc. “Ayr Strategies Completes Acquisition of CannTech in Pennsylvania.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Jushi Holdings Inc. “Brand names.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Jushi Holdings Inc. “Jushi Holdings Inc. Acquires Remaining Equity Ownership Interests of Dalitso LLC, the Company’s Virginia-Based Pharmaceutical Processor Permit Holder.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Cresco Labs Inc. “Everywhere Us.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Cresco Labs Inc. “Our Brands.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Cresco Labs Inc. “Cresco Labs Hires PepsiCo Veteran and Give Chain Expert Ty Gent as Its New Chief Operating Officer.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Curaleaf Holdings Inc. “Corporate Overview.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Curaleaf Holdings Inc. “Disgraces.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Curaleaf Holdings Inc. “CURALEAF LAUNCHES ADULT-USE OPERATIONS IN ARIZONA.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. “Our Role.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. “Our Portfolio.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
GrowGeneration Corp. “Company Information.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
GrowGeneration Corp. “GrowGeneration Obtains Assets of Canopy Crop Management.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
GrowGeneration Corp. “GrowGeneration Acquires California-Based Grassroots Hydroponics, Expatiate ons Footprint in Southern California.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
TerrAscend Corp. “About TerrAscend.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
TerrAscend Corp. “TerrAscend Receives Permit to Manage Medical Cannabis at its First New Jersey Dispensary.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. “Home Page.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. “Investor Relations.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.
Amyris Inc. “Our Story.” Accessed Jan. 25, 2021.