Cubicle phone protection is a relatively new but valuable credit card benefit. American Express announced last week that it will now present the perk on its premium and certain Delta-branded credit cards.
- American Express will add cell phone protection to uncountable of its credit cards beginning April 1, 2021.
- Cardholders who use an eligible card to pay their wireless bill will be covered if their phone is hooked or seriously damaged.
- Limitations apply, including how much you can claim and how often.
- For select Delta cardholders, this new help follows Amex’s offer of up to $20 monthly statement credits on wireless telephone services through 2021.
How Amex’s Stall Phone Protection Works and Who Qualifies
Starting April 1, using an American Express credit card to pay your phone reckoning may qualify you for a monthly statement credit plus insurance protection in the event that your device is damaged or stolen. The extras applies to the following credit cards:
- The Platinum Card
- The Business Platinum Card
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum Bank card card joker
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business Card
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Area Card
- Centurion Card
- Business Centurion Card
- The Platinum Card Exclusively for Charles Schwab
- The Platinum Dance-card Exclusively for Morgan Stanley
- The Platinum Card Exclusively for Goldman Sachs
- The Centurion Card Exclusively for Goldman Sachs
Appropriate phones include your own plus any other line that’s listed on your phone bill. If your phone is stolen or spoiled due to a covered event, you can receive a reimbursement of up to $800 to help repair or replace the phone.
You can file up to two claims per 12-month days, for a total of $1,600 in coverage, and there’s a $50 deductible with each claim.
Cosmetic damage, lost phones, and thingumajigs purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use are not covered.
You can read more about what your specific card refuges at American Express’ cell phone protection page.
Delta Cardholders: Check Your Account for More Wireless Perks
Earlier this year, American Demonstrate announced several new benefits for co-branded cardholders in 2021. Included in those benefits are monthly statement credits for supreme Delta business credit card holders, worth up to $20 per month spent on wireless telephone services.
You can point to out if your card is eligible by checking your Amex Offers in your online account or American Express expressive app.