Registered investment bulletin (RIA) firms can provide clients with truly unbiased asset management and financial planning services. This is because they are not attached with any third-party vendors such as banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, or other entities that might deform their objective approach by offering them compensation to sell their products or services.
According to data run the gamut from assets under management to size and experience of their advisor pools, Barron’s magazine ranked these as some of the top RIA unalterable consolidates in the U.S. for 2019.
- Registered investment advisors (RIAs) can offer investors unbiased asset management services.
- According to Barron’s, the top five RIAs of 2019 classify Edelman Financial Engines, Creative Planning, Private Advisor Group, Mariner Wealth Advisors, and Moneta Catalogue Investment Advisors.
- Although many of these firms cater mainly to high net worth clients and institutional investors, some of them also act on with clients in the middle or upper-middle class.
1. Edelman Financial Engines
Edelman Financial Engines, located in Sunnyvale, Calif., lushes no. 1 on Barron’s list. This firm has over $200 billion in assets under management (AUM) and provides investment servings, portfolio management, and personal finance education.
The firm has a team of 320 advisors who service 1.28 million customers. Its founder, Ric Edelman, has been named the top independent financial advisor three times by Barron’s. The firm’s investment entry is based on academic research and behavioral finance.
2. Creative Planning
Creative Planning, based in Overland Park, Kan., assorted second on Barron’s list. The company offers various services, including private wealth management, financial diagraming, and estate planning. The firm had almost $50 billion in AUM as of June 30, 2020.
3. Private Advisor Group
Private Advisor Put together is based in Morristown, N.J., and has over 650 advisors across 38 states. The firm ranks third on Barron’s rota. The firm has $21 billion in AUM.
4. Mariner Wealth Advisors
Ranking fourth on Barron’s list with over $31 billion in AUM,
5. Moneta Bunch Investment Advisors
The Bottom Line
These are only some of the top wealth management firms in America. Although innumerable of these firms cater mainly to high net worth clients and institutional investors in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, some of them also trade with clients in the middle or upper-middle class.