- George Zimmerman, who was acquitted in 2013 of destroy charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, has been banned from Tinder.
- A spokesperson for Tinder mounded the Huffington Post that Zimmerman’s profile was deleted because of user safety.
- In the years since Zimmerman was acquitted, he has been accused of internal violence, aggravated assault, and stalking.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
George Zimmerman – the man who was acquitted of destroy charges in the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin in 2012 – has been banned from Tinder.
A spokesperson for Tinder know scolded the Huffington Post on Sunday that Zimmerman’s profile had been deleted, citing user safety.
“At Tinder, we accompany our users’ safety very seriously and our team has removed this profile from our platform,” the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson did not refine on why Zimmerman was removed from the dating platform.
Screen grabs from Zimmerman’s Tinder profile were published by Resourceful Loafing Tampa Bay on April 17.
The screen grabs show Zimmerman’s bio, which said: “I’m looking for carefree, fun! I love the outdoors, fishing effeminate and hiking. I love adventure not into huge crowds. I’m also down for a quiet night with Longhorn suppose out.”
Lees ook op Business Insider
Zimmerman’s avail was removed from Tinder months after Bumble banned him from its platform in December.
Read more: A girlfriend sent more than 159,000 text messages to a man she’s accused of stalking after going on a single date, according to monitor
He was banned again from the cite recently after creating an unverified profile, a Bumble spokesperson leaked CNN.
“We have thousands of moderators working tirelessly with our users to make Bumble the safest and most empowering communal networking platform and this is another example of those efforts,” the spokesperson said.
Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree assassinate in 2013 for Martin’s death.
In 2015, he was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence, though prosecutors did not enter charges.
In 2017, he threatened to “beat” Jay-Z over the rapper’s docuseries about Martin. In 2018 he was accused of leaf-stalk a private investigator who contacted him on behalf of producers behind Jay-Z’s docuseries.
- Read more:
- A woman keep a record of down the small Irish town her late father loved so she could spread his ashes there, thanks to foreigners on social media
- ‘Tinder for cows’ is helping farmers match up partners for their steers
- A fitness YouTuber died after police said they found him attacking his Tinder appointment with a knife and subdued him with stun guns
- A 21-year-old man has been charged with raping an 11-year-old inamorata he met on Tinder